Thursday, January 7, 2010

Café Verdi

VERDICT: Cheap, but good pizza (that will kill you)

This is cheap pizza.  By cheap, I mean not expensive.  OK, maybe it isn't the best quality.  The pizza is really greasy, which is a sign of inferior ingredients. But yum!  I think the flavor of the sauce and the quality of the pepperoni make a pizza.  They make up for the inferior cheese by giving you a lot of it.  $6.99 for a one topping 16" pizza for pick up only is all I ever need.  They also have specialty pizzas including greek and spicy buffalo pizzas.

But there's more, I tried the garlic balls.  These have got to be the worst thing for you.  They deep fry dough and cover it with garlic and butter.  You get 20 of these artery clogging pieces of buttery heaven for only $2.99.  What??!?!  I know, I know, usually killing yourself with obesity induced diabetes is a little more expensive.  These are a must try.  They are to die for...literally.

They also have philly steaks, sandwiches, calzones and hamburgers, but I can't ever get past the pizza.  Why order anything else?

Atmosphere:  OK, this is where we run into problems.  It's an undecorated beige and white blah-scape in a strip mall.  It also has a strange smell that comes and goes.

All the workers appear to speak some Eastern European language that I can't quite make out and they have anti-evil eye protection on the walls.  They are all extremely friendly and well, they make damn good pizza.


5861 W. Craig Road
369-9511
Mon-Wed 10-10
Thu-Sat 10-12
Sun 12-12
Cafe Verdi on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment