Thursday, January 7, 2010

My personal restaurant blog

I’m so sick of trying to find restaurants in Las Vegas only to get inundated with a million suggestions on the strip and a list of crappy chain restaurants scattered throughout the city.

Las Vegas needs local restaurants that aren’t for high rollers. I’m also sick to death of chain restaurants that try to ooze local flavor by putting road signs inside or putting buckets on the table. Apparently, good eats looks a lot like a Louisiana garbage dump.


3 comments:

  1. I couldn't have said it better.

    I felt the same way a little over a year ago when I came back from vacation.

    So I started a foodie blog just like you:)

    I found you on Urbanspoon from this months newsletter.

    Are you on twitter? You can also follow me @offthestrip

    Check out my Blog if you'd like
    http://offthestripdining.blogspot.com/

    I am always looking for Las Vegas foodies to share ideas and find great places:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I originally called this blog, "Off the Strip", then I saw your blog with the proprietary trademark. I changed mine to "Not on the Strip". So, I am already familiar with your blog and read it.

    I'm not a fan of twitter. I tried it and it just wasn't for me.

    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete