Friday, February 26, 2010

Capriotti's

VERDICT: Get a large and share these orgasmic sandwiches with someone.

Ever hear of someone talking about Capriotti's?  They get a glazed over look in their eye and their voice drops to reverence.  Capriotti's has some amazing sandwiches.  Their specialty sandwiches are all deliciously decedent.  One is the Bobbie with turkey, cranberries, stuffing, and mayo.  Another is the capastrami (excuse me while I wipe a tear from my eye from the rapture), it has pastrami and the most delicious coleslaw you can imagine.
 
This capastrami doesn't look amazing, but your mouth knows better.

The trick to an amazing experience at Capriotti's is to ensure to get one of the specialty sandwiches.  (Also, it helps to know the quality of the pastrami for the day.  Unfortunately, consistency of quality at this particular Capriotti's is questionable.)  So, when my parents came to visit and I hyped up the specialty sandwiches, what did they order?  An Italian sub!?!?!  I criticized my father through the entire ordering process, but he stood his ground and got the crappy sub.  It was like going to the Louvre and only looking at the landscaping.  My father's response was that his sandwich was just OK, which surprised no one.

If you want a mouth orgasm (hmmm, I need to come up with a better term).  If you want a taste orgasm, try a specialty sandwich.  If you want a so-so experience, order a boring sandwich.
Capriotti's Sandwich Shop on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment